Friday 20 September 2013

[Live Recap] “Master’s Sun” Episode 8

It always surprises me how inventive this guy gets with his excuses and explanations for skinship. Gong Sil might have been the one to initiate them, but lately he is definitely the only one always coming up with ways to get her to hold onto him. What’s so hilarious is that he is the one enjoying it inwardly, but these days his non stop grinning is giving him away. Try to tamp down this guy’s enthusiasm for being around her cuz it just can’t be done.

주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-01-30]

One man shouldn’t suffer this much and for this long for making the mistake of loving someone more than she loved him. Even in death, Hee Joo has tormented him, but nothing scares him more than the truth he will one day discover about who was behind his kidnapping. He told Gong Sil all he cares about was getting back his ransom, but we all know what matters even more to him is to learn the truth. Joong Won always told Gong Sil he wasn’t afraid of ghosts, but what he should have clarified was that he is scared of a ghost from the past - the one that continues to elude and haunt him to this day. It sort of makes you wonder the minute he learns the truth about his kidnapping, will it be as easy to let go of everything like it is for all of Gong Sil’s ghosts that she helped out. Or will he have something new to haunt him from that moment on.

주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-05-40]

Since we’ve reached the half way mark, there have been a great deal of interviews lately featuring Master’s Sun and it was also on SBS Good Morning show on Wednesday morning on the 28th. I couldn’t find any torrents, but I found some youtube clips of the morning show and entertainment news interviews. Some of the video clips can be found on page 217 on the forum thread.

Gong Hyo Jin says after acting with married men she is happy to be acting with a single guy. and also there is Seo In Guk who is a lot younger so I feel like I gained the world. I like it.

Gong Hyo Jin said in movies she wanted to show a different side from romantic comedy roles. She still goes to the sauna with her mom during off peak hours.

Seo In Guk: It’s my first drama on SBS and the director gave me a good character so I’m so happy and think of it as an honor. It’s an honor to tell the truth getting to work with Gong Hyo Jin and So Ji Sub -working with those two sunbaenims is a big upgrade in my profile. Also I don’t just come out once in a while, I get to the interact with those two characters -to me that is such an honor. To tell the truth it does give me pressure, but it’s so fun and they are so good to me, on set I get a lot of energy. Off camera the woman points out So Ji Sub and Seo In Guk spoke a lot in between takes. what did he say? Seo In Guk says he gave me a lot of compliments and told me “you are so cool.” also we spoke a lot about music. we also talk a lot about our drama. I could feel that he likes music a lot so since I do music it was good to hear. when we talk there are no barriers and it just naturally comes out so it’s really fun. I think the reaction to the show is really good. my friends call me and since they are from Kangsun (his hometown) we don’t talk in a cheesy manner and just insult each other as we talk. but this time during Master’s Sun, they told me a lot that the reaction is really good and that it’s good.

*Turns out Seo In Guk really can sing well. I only heard one song by him so far and it was in Japanese called “Fly Away”

**Also in an interview clip I cant find again, he was told his character was supposed to be good looking and he seemed embarrassed about that cuz he is modest about his looks. Wish I could find it so I can translate. He also didn’t like having to wear a black suit all the time cuz the weather is so hot.

Gong Hyo Jin: When I first met Seo In Guk, the kid had so much aegyo so I asked are you normally like this and he said “noona this is nothing at all.” He is really cute. He is asked to show some aegyo but he said noona and hyungnim told me not to do it just anywhere. Hyo Jin says it’s cuz Kang Woo comes out as serious on the drama so he cant ever show his real side. Seo In Guk: for my image they told me never to do it. I have to take care of that well.

So Ji Sub says it was his first time working with Gong Hyo Jin. from what I can see she is the best female lead actress for a romantic comedy. She does really well -no matter what the role she does it all well to the extent the other person opposite her can act comfortably. She thanks him and says how she always wanted to act with him and now they can. since he doesn’t talk much, I heard he was aloof so I worried. but these days he has a bright personality and on set he talks more than me. I’m having a really fun time filming.

It was So Ji Sub’s first role as a rich guy ordering people around cuz he always played poor characters. it was awkward at first but now it’s fun and I want to take on these roles more. It’s the opposite for the actor playing secretary Kim. He never had to take orders before and always played the man in charge so it was awkward for him to be subservient.

When his character says “get lost,”Gong Hyo Jin pointed out it felt the worst when he said it by waving his hands in front of his face so that’s why he did that the most.

For the scene outside the police precinct when Joong Won grabs her face to look at her injury on her face, So Ji Sub promised to grab her face lightly but forgot when the camera started rolling so in between takes she asks why grab so hard oppa -it really hurts. Till they yell cut she had to pretend it didn’t hurt.

In the behind the scenes clip when Gong Sil runs in slow motion to Kang Woo waiting outside, Seo In Guk asked the director if he could pull Gong Sil into a hug. He had a comical look on his face as he embraced her so when the director yelled cut, he laughed and said look at the expression on his face.

The director explained really well why they decided to have so many varieties of ghosts on the show, but I can’t translate this cuz I’m too chicken to watch the clips again. There are still scenes from the drama I haven’t seen yet cuz I avoided looking directly at the screen. Gong Hyo Jin said even So Ji Sub gets scared of the ghost characters. She gets scared too, but when she takes commemorative photos with the guest ghosts after their scenes are done, she can’t stay scared cuz she saw how their scenes were filmed.

During the entertainment news interview SoJi Sub said Gong Hyo Jin was very attractive/charming and loveable so she leaned on him in a flirty grateful way. Hyo Jin said I’m envious cuz oppa is so good looking. His hands are so pretty too. And he points out her legs are really pretty. They are asked the exact reason they think Master’s Sun is getting so much love. He says the fun of watching the two of us. Hyo Jin says the different ghosts that come out each episode.

Main Cast:

Episode 8 

주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[00-56-23]주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[02-29-20]주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[02-37-50]

Starts from GS touching his cheek and asking if he doesn’t feel anything when she touches him like this. He asks do you really think I’m a bunker made of marble. that wouldn’t happen. he moves her hand to his heart then takes it away saying “for me too – it’s not nothing at all.” She asks if he feels something too. Joong Won: I always did a little. You touch me too much (all you want). cuz it seemed like you weren’t thinking anything of it so I thought I might be the only one who seems strange so I didn’t say anything. now that it seems like you are having a normal reaction, I will ask for a request. when you use me as your bunker, just think of it as the level of ”we are a little close” – I don’t like for people to see and easily think “what are they doing.” To make his point, he takes her hand to demonstrate the difference between being close (holding hands) and “what the heck are you doing” (touching his face and putting a hand over his heart). Got that? Gong Sil: I get it. He lets go of her hand. Gong Sil: to tell the truth- during that time whether you liked it or not -I stuck to you for me to live. but now I really have to be careful. She hits herself and says be careful. Joong Won: that’s right be careful. He looks at her band aid and motions for her to come closer. he points to her injury and says be careful of this too. I will listen to your talk of ghosts so from here on don’t go off on your own and end up like this (injured). She seems to be moved by his concern. Joong Won: worrying like this is being close. He moves closer and says if you go any more than that, this is “what are they doing” – got that? She nods and says yes. He seems to be affected by how close he got to her and backs off. let’s go- I will give you a ride. Gong Sil: it’s ok I will just go on my own. Joong Won: you went to jail and got hurt -I will worry to that extent. get in and go. Gong Sil: I have to be careful and just now my radar was acting strange (meaning her heart was fluttering). He doesn’t get that and extends his hand saying so that’s why hold it. use it. she pushes his hand away saying it’s ok. he looks down in surprise at his rejected hand. then he jumps to conclusions and says are you being careful that Kang candy might see me giving you a ride? she shakes her head no and says I am just being careful. He grabs her hand and says I have nothing to be careful about. on the way if we meet Kang candy – it wont be “what are they doing” I will make sure to tell him we are just a little close so don’t worry and go. He drags her along saying don’t you know how much of a support it is to be close with a president. even Kang candy wont be able to treat you recklessly.

주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[02-48-23]

Kang Woo reports to Joong Won’s dad. cuz president Joo was involved with Tae Gong Sil’s problem, it’s correct that he came back from the police station. also it’s certain that Tae Gong Sil has some connection with the dead Cha Hee Joo. cuz my personal feelings were involved I missed that. I am sorry. the dad says Cha Hee Joo was an orphan. if that woman (Gong Sil) doesn’t have parents too then there is a chance they met at an orphanage. Kang Woo: I will look into it. the director says also look into if Tae Gong Sil ever came to Europe. Kang Woo: ok. the director says with concern: Kang Woo - it seems like you have feelings for that woman- are you ok. Kang Woo: I will be. director says don’t pretend to be strong and say it if it’s hard on you. when a heart isn’t straightforward -pain gives an answer. do you think you will hurt? Kang Woo: I will settle my feelings (as in get over Gong Sil). He hangs up and throws out the Dooly dolls. He watches Joong Won drop off Gong Sil.

Gong Sil gets out of the car and says thank you for today and be sure to eat tofu since you went to jail. he says I don’t eat stuff like that. Gong Sil: I will be going. she says bye to Kim too. Joong Won: Tae Gong Sil – awhile ago you said your radar was acting strange. maybe some (ghost) followed you. Gong Sil: that wasn’t something scary – it was something that needs to be punished. I will speak to it well.

주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[02-56-20]

After he leaves she reminds herself I am not candy I am a radar. come to your senses. Kang Woo watches that. instead of throwing out the Dooly dolls he puts them in the bin for clothes and toys so it can be donated.

주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-07-52]

Joong Won takes the bitter pill again saying after meeting Tae Gong Sil, I am eating this like vitamins. he needs water cuz it’s so bitter and remembers how she told him to eat tofu since he came out of jail. he eats cheese cuz it looks like tofu. he remembers how she touched his cheek and asked if he doesn’t feel anything when she touches him like this. he mutters a woman I slept with just holding hands is worried about the darndest things. He eats the cheese and says it’s salty.

Gong Sil eats tofu. she talks to her stuffed animal. these days scary ghosts are not caught in my radar-can you not tell the difference. a while ago touching him like this (on his cheek) is accosting him. it’s the same thing as when someone touches your butt on the subway. suddenly she sees the supermarket grandma ghost and says you came again? if you stare at me like that how can I sleep? since you came, be scary once and go away so I can come to my senses. she begs you can stop now grandma

Sung Ran and Seuk Chul go see Joong Won. Seuk Chul says I heard you got involved yourself and ended up at the police station when it wasn’t over money. I was so shocked. Joong Won: I was so shocked too. Sung Ran: since you did something good I have nothing to say, but after keeping Bang Sil next to you – you are doing stuff you never did. your father already heard the news and asked what kind of girl she was. Joong Won: that is a little more shocking. he accuses Seuk Chul of reporting about him to his father. Seuk Chul was reaching for cheese and says it wasn’t me. last time when we talked we only spoke about golf. Sung Ran: people are talking about you so he must have heard somehow from somewhere. it’s only obvious a father would be interested in his son’s business. Joong Won: it’s the first time in 34 years to get that kind of obvious interest so it’s shocking. Sung Ran: since your father has gotten older he has interest in his child so that’s why he did it. isn’t that right dear? Seuk Chul: of course. he is at an age where he wants to see his grandchild. president Joo – this time be sure to succeed. Joong Won makes a surprising flippant remark saying “you never know – cuz of meaningless skinship father might get a grandchild.” Seuk Chul reaches for the cheese but Joong Won blocks him with his foot.

*Joong Won has disdain for Seuk Chul cuz he married an older woman for wealth and doesn’t think Seuk Chul is qualified to be his vice president.

주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[03-42-36]

Gong Sil is telling the grandma ghost to come out of the trashcan now since I came to my senses. She sees Kang Woo coming down and asks if he is going to work out at this hour. Kang Woo: yes I am going to run for a little while. Gong Sil: after saying we would leave work together today, sorry for just leaving. something came up. Kang Woo: Tae Gong Sil shi- I am saying this cuz I think we need to clear this up. me liking you is a misunderstanding. at first I said it to the kids as a joke, and then you believed it was real so I couldn’t tell you it wasn’t true. after hearing thank you, I was going to keep going but I cant. I’m sorry. Gong Sil: ah so that’s what happened. I thought it was weird. it’s embarrassing. you should have told me sooner that you didn’t (like me). since you gave me candy and tickets, I felt fluttered alone and got carried away. Kang Woo: even though you accepted the candy and tickets you didn’t like me. isn’t that so? someone I respect said if a heart isn’t straightforward, the pain gives the answer. you don’t seem to be hurt cuz of me so I can feel less sorry to you right? he leaves

During his run, he stops and looks upset.

At a pool, people are playing in the water. a ghost comes over and swims by them. it grabs the leg of one of the girls but they get out of the water. the one in the pool gets dragged under. she asks to be saved and comes face to face with the ghost. she passes out and a man goes in to save her. they get her out of the water and he does CPR on her. the ghost watches from the water and goes after more people reaching out for them.



No comments:

Post a Comment