Wednesday 11 September 2013

[Live Recap] “Master’s Sun” Episode 11

Written before it aired:

For a drama about death and ghosts, there sure is a lot of life to it. Every episode makes you think about it with new perspectives and what it really means to live. Even the ghosts on this show teach you lessons you never expected to learn, but it’s our two leads that are breaking my heart each week. All the signs were there leading up to this confession that Joong Won was falling for her, but Gong Sil missed each one cuz she was too busy seeing him only as her bunker. She has more to lose than him if this doesn’t work out. If the relationship falls apart, he can just walk away, but she loses her only source of relief from ghosts. Now that his admission is out there hanging between them, I can’t help but wonder what he will do next. He threw out that challenge telling her to “handle this,” but he should have been asking that himself. Can he really handle being in love and everything that entails? Cuz so far he doesn’t have a great track record for being a good potential boyfriend. Kang Woo gave her compliments, candy, coffee, a Gong Sil Doll, and the freedom to be herself. In comparison, all Joong Won did was stand there as her bunker once in a while, tried to use her ghost catching ability to his advantage despite her fears, and constantly tell her to “get lost.” Those were just some of his worst behavior that I highlighted since we know how he really behaves when she is not around. We’ve watched him go through all the stages of lovesickness from staring at his hand where he touched her or how it felt when she held him, but she never got to witness all those revealing moments. Gong Sil hasn’t seen the step by step transformation that has come over him. She wasn’t privy to the fact that Joong Won didn’t fall in love with her cuz of the laws of attraction alone- it was what she managed to bring out of him. When he felt himself reaching for her hand to be her bunker, she was saving him right back. The text got a little clearer and he could actually contemplate the idea of reading again with her by his side. With every interaction between them, he was getting one step closer to letting go of his first love curse and becoming normal again. He became more humane, compassionate, and in tune with his own growing feelings for her with each touch. It’s no wonder he can’t let go of her now.

jwsmshug

If you ask me, those previews are becoming more cryptic with each passing week. They cut and inserted dialogue so much that with just the translations alone, it makes no sense, but if you paste them in a certain way with all the emotional undertones together, it breaks your heart. I almost bawled watching it and can’t wait to see if those tears were warranted tonight.

 Main Cast:

Episode 11 

주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[00-25-23]주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[00-31-49]주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[00-36-41]주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[00-50-49]주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[00-52-20]

Starts from Joong Won saying Tae Yang I seem to love you – what are you going to do now. Gong Sil: you said you were getting married, told me to be candy, and now you are saying you love me? are you teasing me? Joong Won: I broke off an expensive marriage, threw out personality that makes my hands and feet shrivel even (showing aegyo) and brought you out so does it look like I’m teasing? Gong Sil: why are you doing this – it’s scary. Joong Won: when you first hung onto me saying you could see ghosts, I thought you were kidding and was scared. I understand how you feel, but I accepted it so you accept. Gong Sil: if I accept does something change? Joong Won: since you are not getting this, I will give you an example. from here on if you say to me – I will just hold hands and sleep, I will let you enjoy it as much as you want. he opens his arms to demonstrate. Gong Sil: are you doing this on purpose so I wont touch you? me - keep touching you – it’s not to enjoy it. it cant be helped cuz I need you – you know that. Joong Won: you have a clear reason but my reason is gone (now). the calculations don’t fit so I wondered what is the reason to keep putting us together and I ended up liking you. cuz I was afraid I would use you freely so I tried to restrain myself with a wedding and tried to make you into a candy I can calculate, but you said you didn’t like it. I did my best so now I will do whatever I want. to not be turned around (by me) and hang in there-from here on now it’s up to you. you handle it. Gong Sil: I don’t get it. if you like me shouldn’t you ask me to fall for you (come over to you). Joong Won: does this look like a sweet confession to seduce you right now? it means even if I seduce you don’t fall for it – it’s a warning. Gong Sil: If you don’t want me to fall for you then you shouldn’t seduce me. a ghost keeps interfering her so she says to the ghost I am talking seriously now so wait. come later. she turns back to Joong Won and summarizes what he is saying “I like you but don’t like me” is this it? the ghost bugs her again so she says wait I am having a serious talk here. right now I cant listen to that… Joong Won suddenly hugs her and makes the ghost go away. Joong Won: while we were apart I missed you every day and worried too. in case you called, checking all the time was pathetic so I turned it off and didn’t take your calls. Gong Sil: if you are like this then what do I do? He looks at her and says this is what I am saying you have to handle. you agreed that you would be ok. I trust you. he holds her hand and says I feel better now I got all this off my chest. let’s go. She still looks baffled

주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-04-09]

Yi Ryeong says to Kang Woo – to Tae Gong Sil – president Joo is that one special person in this world. that’s what she said. and president Joo broke off his engagement and came to get her. you can’t get between them there. Kang Woo: that is so. Yi Ryeong: if you know then you shouldn’t look at her. Kang Woo: I will take care of that on my own. if you know now, don’t follow me around. I didn’t pay any attention cuz I thought you were bored and hung around me, but if you were sincere, then stop. Yi Ryeong: I wasn’t sincere. I’m only serious on documentary programs. chasing after you was to film the variety Running man. I’m not stopping cuz you told me to stop – I will stop cuz I am tired of it. Kang Woo: that’s good – you said your friends are here so go in. he leaves and she mutters Yoo Jae Suk told me thanks for coming out and asked me to come out on his show again. what is that guy (Kang Woo) to say that to me.

주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-14-57]주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-22-30]주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-24-49]주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-29-05]

Joong Won is still holding her hand as they walk. Gong Sil: maybe cuz I kept touching you and getting close to you – that’s why you crave me. Joong Won: just cuz I crave you a little I wouldn’t look for you. of course you were more forward than others, but that wasn’t it (cuz she wasn’t making passes at him). anyway, you were making advances and it’s true I was bewitched (fell for you). Gong Sil: then are we having a date holding hands like this? Joong Won: is there a place you want to go? Gong Sil: there are a lot of places I want to go but at night it’s scary… (she suddenly realizes who he is to her and says) but if I hold onto you like this, I can go anywhere. Joong Won: that’s the kind of man I am to you. Gong Sil: if I go holding onto you, we can go to all night markets, see late night movies, and see night views too. last time I went up to a high place to see the night view and got chased by ghosts banging on the windows so I didn’t get to see anything and came out. Joong Won: if you like high places should I fly my plane and look at the sky? Gong Sil: are you going to go anywhere with me? Joong Won: today I will stick to you cuz I am enjoying it. she is excited and wonders aloud where to go – namdaemun? dongdaemun? should we go to the ocean? what to do. She holds his hand up to her cheek. He suddenly gets a call from Kim and takes back his hand for a second. after his call, she says I decided but he says for today go with me to where I am going. Gong Sil: where? Joong Won: a place where the richest in this country are gathered. he checks out her outfit and says for starters - let’s buy you some clothes so you look elegant in black.

주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-32-23]

They are at the funeral of Giant group’s chairman who passed away and Sang Joo is giant group’s president. Gong Soo: you didn’t have to go so far as to tell me you loved me to bring me here. he explains it was just timing that this happened. Gong Sil: I don’t believe it. I will just put up the radar. she walks off to look for the ghost.

News reports about the Giant mall chairman’s death today – location of his death and where his family will hold the wake

Sung Ran and Seuk Chul are in the car on their way to the wake. He is talking about how the chairman pushed his wife and son away in his last days and stayed with his mistress. Sung Ran says such a man who was clean cut and a family man – he gave a big betrayal before he left. Seuk Chul says how afraid everyone is that the woman will show up at the wake. Sung Ran: that son – the president of giant mall – how much of a shock he has – he isn’t even crying

Joong Won points out the president of giant mall and Gong Sil takes one look at him and says wow. Joong Won: what is it? did you see something (as in the ghost). Gong Sil’s mouth falls open. he is so good looking. you insulted him so much so I thought he would be unattractive, but he is cool. Joong Won takes her chin and points it his way and says this is a date right now so how can you look at some other guy. plug in the radar and just find the ghost. Gong Sil: while the radar is plugged in don’t touch me. some man comes over to greet Joong Won and says it’s been a long time. Gong Sil tries to sneak away but the man asks did she come with you. Joong Won puts his arm around her and introduces Gong Sil as his girlfriend so the man invites her to come together at the next company event. after he leaves, she asks why are you like this. how can you say that I am your girlfriend when there are so many of your rich friends here. Joong Won: what I did in front of your friends, if I don’t do it in front of my friends, you will get peeved. He makes a radar motion and asks if nothing is catching her yet. She looks around for the ghost and says not yet. I will go look for it. She walks away muttering she keeps getting caught as she tries to handle it.

Gong Sil walks around looking for the ghost and finds the dead chairman. he looks at her when she calls out chairman

Gong Sil says to Joong Won- I met him. Joong Won: who? Gong Sil points out the photo of the deceased and says isn’t that the chairman. Joong Won: yes. Gong Sil: he asked me some favor. there is something his son cant know no matter what and asked me to get rid of it. they look over at the son. he just told his mother to rest.

Flashback to the son finding his dad collapsed. the paramedics take out the deceased chairman and the son looks around and there are stuff for women everywhere. he picks up a bottle of perfume and smells it

The son says to his father’s photo – you deceived all your life and you got caught at the end father.

In the car, Gong Sil says: the chairman said the person he was with in his last moments - it was the woman he hid and loved all his life. and asked to get rid of her stuff for him. Joong Won says I don’t want to get involved in messy things. in those last moments if he only left behind an important business secret, it would have been nice. Gong Sil: awhile ago when I saw that giant mall president, he didn’t cry and his expression wasn’t good. cuz his father passed away next to his mistress’ side, it must have been a shock to him. Joong Won: there is someone like my father who is always next to his mistress’ side. if that hidden woman shows up, the problem with the inheritance will get noisy. so that woman shows up and blows up an emotional bomb in front of giant mall’s president – just act like you don’t know and leave it alone. Gong Sil: he seems like a good person so we should stop the bomb from exploding. Joong Won glares and says whose side are you on. Gong Sil: let’s go tomorrow afternoon together. it will take about two hours from here to get to Chungpyun so we can come back before sunset. Joong Won says my resort is in Yangpyun. Gong Sil: are you bragging now? they said the chairman’s resort is in Chungpyun. Joong Won says I don’t intend to go there with you. I want to have fun and I’m saying let’s go to Yangpyun. We could leave now too. Gong Sil: Yangpyun? that place is really nice huh? Joong Won nods and smiles. She suddenly gets upset and says enjoy what? it’s ok. Joong Won: don’t worry Tae Gong Sil. I could go there with you and just hold your hand and sleep. I trusted you so if you don’t trust me, it will really make me sad. he tried to start the engine so she hits his hand and says where are you trying to go. I cant go with you to Yangpyun. Joong Won: Ok we wont go. we have to go home separately. what are you thinking. I will just take you home. she scolds him for changing his mind so much. he admits I only wanted to play with you cuz I like you. she brings up a fairy tale so he pretends to be upset saying are you teasing me for not being able to read it.

SR tells JW’s dad that JW broke off his engagement again. chairman asks was it cuz of HJ again but SR and SC say it’s cuz of Tae Gong Sil. chairman remembers how KW told him about GS. KW said I believe her words

GS tells him to go in. JW asks what is that story about the wolf and goat. she says watch the movie cuz you cant read. while we are together let’s get along. she bows and leaves. he says after getting along while together the wolf should go to the wolf’s home and the goat to hers. KW watches him leave

GS says the recycle bin is full so who has been emptying it. KW asks why she is dressed like that. he points out how JW said he was keeping her close to use her. she says he is using me but we are going to get along and be close. you said if the heart is not honest the pain gives the answer. the pain is me. he tells her to go up and she finds out he has been emptying the recycling bins cuz he likes her so she says let’s do it together. he asks if she really saw the dead HJ. she says yes

there is almost a car accident and the HJ look alike apologizes cuz she just came from England. SR asks her to have drinks. after they leave she says she is JW’s aunt huh? HJ’s ghost is there

a couple goes into the home to clean it up and asks if they saw the chairman’s hidden woman. the ghost yells not to touch it so they decide the dead chairman doesn’t want it touched and leave

Kim gives a report about the dead chairman. and will come over cuz of a problem and wants GS to be there too

JW asks her aren’t you scared of ghosts – now you are chasing after it. she mentions the perfume the chairman missed and how she found it. he counts the coffee cups and asks if she is having tea time with her ghost. she says that coffee ghost brought a friend. JW asks if it’s the trashcan ghost. she says no it doesn’t move. he checks and sees that she doesn’t have his necklace on

JW is alone and wonders if she picked up the necklace. Kim comes over and says the president of giant is coming in. JW asks him to find a book for him so Kim asks are you going to read it yourself?

KW runs into JW and asks when he will meet his dad so JW says tell him to come meet me if he wants to meet

GS is walking by and the giant president asks about her perfume. she says I can show you so he follows her.

JW, Kim, and KW watch them and JW points out they only met once. Kim asks where are they going then. Tae Yang is probably going to comfort him since his dad just died. KW thinks they should follow so JW says this is annoying and I don’t want to go after them but it cant be helped – I have to go after them

GS shows him the bottle and he says this is it. he asks have you met my father. she says once. he mentions how his mom never wore perfume and asks if it’s her that his dad was seeing so she says it wasn’t me. after he leaves she remembers she didn’t ask him what JW wanted her to ask so she goes out and JW is there. he says let’s go.

SC meets with Han and wants him to find out about GS cuz of JW

Han goes to the café and GR asks who is the one talking about GS. she brings up GS’s car accident.

in the car JW is happy cuz the giant president is distracted during their meeting and isn’t thinking about running his mall. GS points out it’s cuz of his betrayal from his dad

GS and JW go into the woman’s place. they greet the dead chairman. GS says he wanted me to take away the photos in the camera. she wont let JW see the photos. he says I don’t want to see it. GS compliments the chairman on his photography skills. they hear voices

the son came and GS and JW are inside and JW is holding the door. the son gets the key and unlocks it. JW says there is no place to go out or hide. she wants to hide the camera. but JW wants to use it as an excuse.

JW calls the son and talks business. come right now to kingdom.the son tries to get out of it but JW tells him to come right away.

GS says he went away. the chairman is grateful. he says give it to me and I will delete it. she says no one can see. he says that chairman thinks erasing that woman is important but what about his son. he is giving his son quite a shock (blowing his mind). GS finds the photo and says it’s this woman. she looks at the photo and at the chairman and asks it was this person. she says the chairman said to look at the photo cuz he wants to know how his son will think. she hands over the camera and JW says he wont be shocked.

the son reads news about his dad. JW calls and says come back. I am in the room where your father died.

the son asks if GS is his dad’s woman. JW says come to your senses. she is mine and the woman your dad hid is here. the son says I have been shocked by his death but I wont waver. JW tells the ghost it’s better to protect your son. GS shows the photo and says this is the woman your dad loved and hid. the son looks at the photo. it’s the chairman dressed as a woman. GS says it’s a woman he couldn’t show anyone all his life. it has to be hidden forever and no one can see. the scent/perfume was that person’s. before he died he took the picture and collapsed and wanted to hide the photo from you.

the son says I have to protect what father always wanted to hide. he sets the photo on fire and his dad smiles with gratefulness. his spirit is gone

JW says my dad is leaving tomorrow and hasn’t come to see me. he wonders if his dad has the necklace. Kim says how KW told the chairman about GS. he might call tae yang over.

JW watches the son walking in with flowers. Kim thinks the flowers are for GS. JW says he sure does have nothing to do when it could have been delivered (to express his thanks to GS)

JW asks the trashcan ghost – did you give her the necklace or not? if she took it bang on the trashcan lid. the ghost hits it so JW says she took it. did she like it? the trashcan lid is hit again. JW says she liked it a lot. It would have been nice to see her when she got it. but I said I wouldn’t do those things. I wont do it

Kim tells the giant mall president how important GS is to him. the president asks if she has to stay at kingdom and Kim says yes.

GS is talking to the coffee ghost and listens to the favor and hears where the basement guard lost something. she threatens to call the president. you know what happens when he touches me

the HJ look alike meets SR at the mall. SR asks did you come to shop. the girl says yes. SR says this mall is my nephew’s. you aren’t married right. the girl says no cuz I was working. SR says have a meal with me. after she is gone SR says she is nice but I didn’t ask her name

the girl sees JW walking by and says it’s been a long time Joo Joong

the chairman puts away some stuff in an envelope and JW comes to see him. JW says how HJ was a culprit and told her about the necklace. the dad brings up the kidnapping. JW says that matter will end for me soon. his dad asks if he wants to forget it. I came to show you something and if you see it – you might not be able to forget HJ. I will leave it with KW so if you want to see it go see KW. you can leave. JW asks about the ransom again but his dad says believe what you want. JW says the same thing. be healthy. he leaves. the dad smiles

Kim gives him the books about the wolf and goat. JW wonders why there are so many and says I will read it alone. JW reads aloud and Kim says that’s how you felt the first time you met Tae Yang

KW tells GS about JW and his dad. he asks again if she saw the dead HJ. it will all end when that culprit is found. she asks if that ends KW will leave but he says I will keep working at Kingdom but I will move out. should I not move out. I already got an apartment. she says don’t go so he says I wont go.

Han tells KW he is number one on the search engines. it’s the photo of YR and KW at the subway

reporters are asking YR about her relationship with KW. YR says I wasn’t dating this person I was dating president Joo

SC gets a call that a news article about president Joo will come out tm. a scandal with Tae Yo Ryeong. they are having dinner with that girl. the girl asks if president Joo has a girlfriend. SR says no JW doesn’t have a girlfriend. SC brings up GS so SR says I will ask JW about GS using YR. SR says sorry for talking about this but the girl says it’s fun

JW asks about that place she wanted to go before the wake when she said “I decided” and if she wants to go wait here for a short while. he leaves. she mutters what was that – he said not to fall for him even if he seduced me so does that mean for me to wait or not

he goes back in and his aunt is sitting there. he says I was prepared so I kept avoiding you but now I got caught -I don’t have time so take just ten mins. for breaking the vase, breaking off the engagement. SR says there will be a scandal article about you and YR. JW: who? SR: with Yi Ryeong – this is worth 20 mins right

GS gets ready and is putting on the necklace and says all this time I acted like I didn’t get it so if I wear it now it will look like I am expecting something - is it not ok to show this much at least that I like him. she smiles looking at the necklace

JW says it doesn’t matter cuz YR is just the model of kingdom. to take care of my image I have to stop the article. SR asks is it really just cuz of that you are stopping it. not cuz of GS? since you broke off the engagement, I thought you would say the few lines of article doesn’t matter cuz you wont read it, but YR is her old school friend so cuz that bothers you – isn’t that why you want to block it for her? JW says how GS wont care about something like that. I told you before – over something like that she will never leave me. SR: to me that’s more strange. how could she not care about that? even when she heard you were getting married she looked at the vase and talked of other stuff. (GS arrives and listens to them from out of view) JW: that’s right. just think of her as a kid living in another world and leave her alone. through your methods you wont be able to give her fear. she wont even nod her head. as he leaves he comes face to face with GS and know she heard. SR asks does she not have any pride - did she say she loves you that much. JW sees the necklace as he looks at GS and says that woman doesn’t have pride. cuz she has a clear reason why she cant let me go so she doesn’t have the luxury of caring about her pride. even if I said I love her she doesn’t have the luxury of taking care of herself so I am safe. isn’t that so? (he asked GS) GS: yes. SR says you said you would give me ten mins – was it to go and get her. JW says to GS: let’s go. SR asks GS – you heard everything. do you still want to hold onto JW and go? GS says yes it doesnt really matter to me. cuz I don’t have that luxury. let’s go. SR says to him -your face right now doesn’t seem safe.

he goes after her and holds onto her but GS cries and says I decided president. next is my home. I want to go home cuz I am tired. he held onto her but she pulls away saying I will be going.

GS is sobbing as she walks out.

JW touches the wolf/goat story book and looks at his reflection. he gets up and leaves

at home GS takes off the necklace and says I shouldn’t have shown it to him

JW knocks outside her home and says hurry and come out cuz I know you are inside

Gong Sil comes out. JW: why cry when you said you could handle it cuz it’s bothering me. she pretends to have a ghost inside of her and speaks banmal and says who are you. are you that rude Joo Joong Won? JW: “Joo Joong Won?” why are you like this? GS: why did you come here. does she look that easy to you? why do you do everything you want - you bastard. he asks if a ghost is inside her. JW: did something come in you? you aren’t Tae Gong Sil? GS: I’m not you jerk. you are taking this girl and playing with her. that’s what she said. playing with you is dirty and cheap/unfair. so just quietly lend her your body and don’t hang around her and get lost. she walks away so he holds onto her and pulls her back. GS: I said to get lost. JW:why didn’t you get lost? when I held onto you. GS: I left and came back cuz I was so mad. there is something like that. do you know (anything about) ghosts? JW:I don’t know ghosts well but there have been many times I chased it away. GS: cuz of you chasing them away - she cant do anything at all and she said she is hurting a lot. she is hurting a lot you bad guy. JW: I get it so let me talk to Tae Gong Sil now. GS: she said she has nothing to say to you so go. she starts to walk away, but he says you don’t know how the walnut ajumma got lost huh? GS: why? did you hit her once. JW: look well and come back. he pulls her into his arms and kisses her for a very long time.

end

preview

JW at HJ’s memorial: the person you wanted to protect I have to find.

JW: dead -which side is it?

the girl asks – can he still not forget? SR asks the girl how do you know about my nephew?

JW: my heart keeps going to you and it’s upsetting and not being able to (?get through) hurts my pride.

GS:like the wolf I will protect you president

JW is sleeping over at her home and puts her in bed. JW: I am really going to just hold your hand and sleep so you can’t have other thoughts. she grins at him.

GS: there is a lost kid. that lost kid is next to me

some guy says miss are you looking for something?

GS is in trouble and says I discovered something. she hides from the guy

the guy says miss are you over there?

JW yells: where are you now Tae Gong Sil- Tae Gong Sil!

주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[23-34-16]주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[23-34-56]주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[23-35-03]주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[23-35-33]주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[23-35-56]주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[23-36-05]주군의 태양.E11.130911.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[23-36-56]



No comments:

Post a Comment