Thursday 26 September 2013

[Live Recap] “Master’s Sun” Episode 10

If I had been hooked up to a heart monitor tonight as I watched this episode, the numbers would have spiked like crazy at the end. Since there have been a dearth of quality romantic comedies lately, I forgot this feeling. This exhilaration and high that just makes you feel so satisfied and content. Maybe it’s just me, but I need these actors to do such a convincing job that I forget this is just a drama. It’s all about the execution. You have the words in the script but how you project that infused with meaning and conviction is what makes all the difference in the world. I must admit I got swept up by the words tonight – so many declarations and intimations of what they are really feeling made me giddy with happiness. The torch has been passed. What Gong Sil does with it is up in the air. Will she be brave enough to take up the challenge or succumb to the burden. We know what her heart wants to do, but will she be able to convince the rest of herself she can do this. If you ask me, it’s high time for her to live up to her name and shine. Just like the rest of this show, dazzle them with your brilliance just enough so that they can still look up and bask in the warmth.

*I love this episode so much it hurts – my all time favorite so far. My dimples ached from all the grinning.

주군의 태양.E10.130903.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[00-45-06]

*I took so many screenshots of this scene cuz of the looks on their faces -his was saying “omg I cant say this with a straight face” and hers was “what is this man smoking”

Written before it aired:

There seems to be a revolving door of questions when it comes to this drama. The one I find myself asking is which came first -belief or love? Did belief lead to love or did love trigger belief? I tried to re-watch some earlier scenes with Joong Won and Gong Sil to see which actions were instigated by faith and which ones were motivated by attraction or emotion. So far it seems that Joong Won’s trust in her gave way to spending more time around her. Then inevitable attraction and affection set in until he no longer wholly belonged to himself. The part of his emotions that he shared with her connected them in a way he never thought possible. This closeness is what gradually made him become a better person and I’m pretty sure that is what’s rattled Joong Won so much. I don’t think it’s the idea of him changing that made him run scared, but the fact that it’s already happened. You can’t undo the influence Gong Sil had on his life and personality. What’s even better, something that will have him more nervous, is that she isn’t done yet. If he is distancing himself from her, he is going to realize a whole different kind of pain from missing her when she is just a few steps away. Part of me wishes she would be brave and strong enough to turn her back to him, but we all know it’s no longer about needing a bunker when it comes to Joong Won. She craves the love and attention that comes with that bunker. It’s an attachment she has felt comfortable with from day one so I doubt she could ever walk away from him. That’s why I find it so refreshing that she can be honest about her emotions while he opts to ignore them hoping foolishly they will go away. After what happened last night though, I doubt that denial has any ground to stand on. The second he put both arms around her, he knew why he had been afraid to do this. She felt right in his arms and that she belonged there. He didn’t want to let go since holding her has become as natural to him as breathing.

 Main Cast:

주군의 태양.E09.130904.HDTV.XViD-HANrel[21-05-02]

During that whole take over her body incident yesterday, I realized something that might happen down the line. If you think about it, not having Joong Won in her life as her bunker will make seeing ghosts that much more painful. She will have to go back to her miserable life of not having any reprieve from them again. That is why I think Gong Sil is going to let Hee Joo take over her body so Hee Joo can communicate directly with Joong Won so he finally has some closure. I bet Hee Joo won’t want to leave and Gong Sil might even consider letting her take over for Joong Won’s sake, but thankfully Joong Won won’t let that happen. The woman he loves now is too important for him to take such risks. Let’s hope Gong Sil never gets that chance to play the role of selfless martyr.

Episode 10 

Starts from Sung Ran saying they are coming over there - that young lady is the one who will be marrying president Joo. Sug Ran and Seuk chul say nice to meet you Seo Yeon and so does the girl. Sung Ran says let’s go up. the girl keeps looking at Gong Sil and asks Joong Won: is that young lady an employee here. she keeps staring. Joong Won says don’t keep staring and hurry and go cuz I’m dying. He starts to walk off but tells the girl to go up first.

주군의 태양.E10.130903.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-12-43]주군의 태양.E10.130903.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-14-11]주군의 태양.E10.130903.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-15-45]

Joong Won goes over to Gong Sil and asks if she had been ok the past week. you don’t look that bad off. It tasted like death to me. Gong Sil: are you really getting married? He remembers the ghost asking – arent you curious how this woman sees you? He says aloud-what secret – I can see it all. Gong Sil asks can you see something? Joong Won: as much as you can see ghosts, something scary to me. Gong Sil: cuz of me – to avoid me - are you getting married? he asks Tae Gong Sil – do you think you are important enough to affect my wedding. Gong Sil: no. Joong Won: then the right to question why I am doing it – and why I have to give an answer there isn’t any huh? she nods yes. he walks away

주군의 태양.E10.130903.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-18-05]주군의 태양.E10.130903.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-19-03]

His fiancé says your aunt went up first. let’s go. She tried to hold his arm as they go inside so Joong Won motions for her to stop and says I told you but I hate anyone touching my body -even if you trip and feel like you will fall – if you can help it don’t hold onto me. Han and Kang Woo watch that and Han remarks our Joogoon sure is rude to the woman he is going to marry -if he wont let her touch him then why get married?

주군의 태양.E10.130903.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-20-57]주군의 태양.E10.130903.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[01-25-38]

Gong Sil is holding the necklace and says he should have told me in advance. he didn’t answer his phone. Kang Woo hears that and goes over. she hides the necklace behind her. He asks didn’t you know the news that president Joo was getting married. GS: yes it was so sudden so I am taken back. Kang Woo: on that night Ryui Jang had the concert when president Joo didn’t go on his trip and came back. when you met him then did something happen? she asks he came back that night? then the person I saw then was the president? Kang Woo: so it’s correct he went to meet you. Gong Sil: that night I didn’t know what was going on - I wasn’t myself. when that wife was inside she must have met him. what did they talk about. she remembers what Joong Won said ”what secret - I can see it all” so she says she must have told my secret. what to do – she must have told I like him.

주군의 태양.E10.130903.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[02-14-30]

Kim says even if you needed the funds – is it ok to use the wedding like this? Joong Won: I can cuz I calculated that here (indicating his head) and the answer came out. Kim says Tae Yang seems to be really shocked and taken back. what are you going to do. Joong Won: no matter how much I calculate that woman the answer wont come out. it wasn’t here ( his head) and she was somewhere else. she will be shocked but she will face it (admit he is taken now). Kim says you should inform the chairman at least. also tell him you aren’t getting married. Joong Won: I don’t want to. I still cant read text. he stops himself and says “not being able to read – it’s not here (his head) it’s a problem here (his heart). I want to live just using the part that’s working well (his head). Kim: Since Tae Yang is someone who can see spirits, couldn’t she see your problem properly and take care of it. Joong Won: then one day when I am dead and become a ghost I will go find her.

주군의 태양.E10.130903.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[02-29-29]주군의 태양.E10.130903.HDTV.Film.x264.720p-LTE[02-35-03]

Gong Sil: he must be trying to get rid of me. I cant do without the president. Kang Woo: where you can hide – does it have to be that person? Gong Sil: he is the only person in the world. I hung onto him like crazy and I finally got permission to be by his side. Kang Woo: getting married and putting another woman next to him – it means don’t think of standing as the woman next to me. Gong Sil: now that he is getting married if he knows I like him -he will probably tell me to get lost. Kang Woo: you said you like him and are being looked down on- doesn’t it hurt. she says in your world I am candy and the president is a rich prince, but in my world I’m just a radar that sees ghost and the president is a bunker I can hide in- I cant be candy and he isn’t thinking of being the rich prince. since a radar has use I think he will let me be by his side. I have to go



No comments:

Post a Comment