Wednesday 12 June 2013

[News] SECRET Jun Hyosung Apologizes Again, 'No Relation to Controversial Website'

SECRET, Jun Hyosung
[News] SECRET Jun Hyosung Apologizes Again, 'No Relation to Controversial Website'

Once again, SECRET's Jun Hyosung offered an apology regarding her controversial misuse of the word 'democratization' on the radio.

"I am not a member or in any way part of the controversial website that has tainted the meaning of the word 'democratization,'" she tweeted on May 20.

"I read a lot of online comments written about me in order to be in the know about what fans and critics think about me. I often came across statements like 'They democratize with Jun Hyosung' and that was my exposure to the misused word democratization," she added.

"At first, I was not exactly sure of the definition other than the dictionary meaning of it. I subconsciously came to associate the word with something along the lines of forcing my likes and preferences onto other people. I found out about the perverse use of the word on a certain infamous website only after I made the mistake on the radio," Jun Hyosung explained.

"Forgetting that I am a public figure whose words can weigh more heavily than those that are not in the media, I threw around a word without careful consideration and understanding. I am deeply sorry. I am sorry to the family members of all the innocent lives that were lost in order to achieve the democratic freedom we enjoy now."

Internet users have responded, "Isn't that enough? She seems very apologetic," "Still, it was bad mistake," "Time to accept her apology."

M/s : kenvilthomas@kpopupdates.com



No comments:

Post a Comment