Thursday 29 August 2013

[Live Recap] “Master’s Sun” Episode 8

It’s scenes like this that make me wonder how close is too close before you feel comfortable enough to exhale and how many steps back can you take before you realize you don’t want to leave. Standing so close to Joong Won only got to Gong Sil here, but I bet she wouldn’t have moved away if she knew he did that on purpose. As for Joong Won, putting up that boundary was his defense mechanism to keep his emotions in control, but he knows that backing away from her now will only end up hurting him more. These two have been dancing around their feelings on a different pace, but I think they know the music is winding down and now they are finally in sync.

If I’ve learned anything from recapping so many dramas over the past years, it’s that onscreen chemistry is just as unpredictable as ratings. Sometimes you watch these two characters and feel everything they are going through or when they aren’t in sync, you sense their discomfort. I lost count of how many dramas I never watched just based on a few scenes together. It’s always a hit or miss with me right off the bat - onscreen chemistry is either there from the start or it never will be no matter how great the actors. I only saw one drama before with Gong Hyo Jin so based on her work on “Best Love,” I knew she would be good. The problem was So Ji Sub cuz I only saw him in one movie with the girl from Brilliant Legacy. I had no idea if he could pull off romantic comedy and his hair on this show seemed too puffy so I found that distracting at first. Thankfully, episode one proved that these two didn’t have to manufacture chemistry on screen out of thin air. Even off camera you can tell how close they seem and when two actors genuinely hit it off, it carries over to their characters. If you ask me, the true beauty of this show is this couple’s ability to seesaw with our emotions.

주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-01-30]

Since we’ve reached the half way mark, there have been a great deal of interviews lately featuring Master’s Sun and it was also on SBS Good Morning show on Wednesday morning on the 28th. I couldn’t find any torrents, but I found some youtube clips of the morning show and entertainment news interviews. Some of the video clips can be found on page 217 on the forum thread.

Gong Hyo Jin says after acting with married men she is happy to be acting with a single guy. and also there is Seo In Guk who is a lot younger so I feel like I gained the world. I like it.

Gong Hyo Jin said in movies she wanted to show a different side from romantic comedy roles. She still goes to the sauna with her mom during off peak hours.

Seo In Guk: It’s my first drama on SBS and the director gave me a good character so I’m so happy and think of it as an honor. It’s an honor to tell the truth getting to work with Gong Hyo Jin and So Ji Sub -working with those two sunbaenims is a big upgrade in my profile. Also I don’t just come out once in a while, I get to the interact with those two characters -to me that is such an honor. To tell the truth it does give me pressure, but it’s so fun and they are so good to me, on set I get a lot of energy. Off camera the woman points out So Ji Sub and Seo In Guk spoke a lot in between takes. what did he say? Seo In Guk says he gave me a lot of compliments and told me “you are so cool.” also we spoke a lot about music. we also talk a lot about our drama. I could feel that he likes music a lot so since I do music it was good to hear. when we talk there are no barriers and it just naturally comes out so it’s really fun. I think the reaction to the show is really good. my friends call me and since they are from Kangsun (his hometown) we don’t talk in a cheesy manner and just insult each other as we talk. but this time during Master’s Sun, they told me a lot that the reaction is really good and that it’s good.

*Turns out Seo In Guk really can sing well. I only heard one song by him so far and it was in Japanese called “Fly Away”

Gong Hyo Jin: When I first met Seo In Guk, the kid had so much aegyo so I asked are you normally like this and he said “noona this is nothing at all.” He is really cute. He is asked to show some aegyo but he said noona and hyungnim told me not to do it just anywhere. Hyo Jin says it’s cuz Kang Woo comes out as serious on the drama so he cant ever show his real side. Seo In Guk: for my image they told me never to do it. I have to take care of that well.

So Ji Sub says it was his first time working with Gong Hyo Jin. from what I can see she is the best female lead actress for a romantic comedy. She does really well -no matter what the role she does it all well to the extent the other person opposite her can act comfortably. She thanks him and says how she always wanted to act with him and now they can. since he doesn’t talk much, I heard he was aloof so I worried. but these days he has a bright personality and on set he talks more than me. I’m having a really fun time filming.

It was So Ji Sub’s first role as a rich guy ordering people around cuz he always played poor characters. it was awkward at first but now it’s fun and I want to take on these roles more. It’s the opposite for the actor playing secretary Kim. He never had to take orders before and always played the man in charge so it was awkward for him to be subservient.

When his character says “get lost,”Gong Hyo Jin pointed out it felt the worst when he said it by waving his hands in front of his face so that’s why he did that the most.

For the scene outside the police precinct when Joong Won grabs her face to look at her injury on her face, So Ji Sub promised to grab her face lightly but forgot when the camera started rolling so in between takes she asks why grab so hard oppa -it really hurts. Till they yell cut she had to pretend it didn’t hurt.

In the behind the scenes clip when Gong Sil runs in slow motion to Kang Woo waiting outside, Seo In Guk asked the director if he could pull Gong Sil into a hug. He had a comical look on his face as he embraced her so when the director yelled cut, he laughed and said look at the expression on his face.

The director explained really well why they decided to have so many varieties of ghosts on the show, but I can’t translate this cuz I’m too chicken to watch the clips again. There are still scenes from the drama I haven’t seen yet cuz I avoided looking directly at the screen. Gong Hyo Jin said even So Ji Sub gets scared of the ghost characters. She gets scared too, but when she takes commemorative photos with the guest ghosts after their scenes are done, she can’t stay scared cuz she saw how their scenes were filmed.

During the entertainment news interview SoJi Sub said Gong Hyo Jin was very attractive/charming and loveable so she leaned on him in a flirty grateful way. Hyo Jin said I’m envious cuz oppa is so good looking. His hands are so pretty too. And he points out her legs are really pretty. They are asked the exact reason they think Master’s Sun is getting so much love. He says the fun of watching the two of us. Hyo Jin says the different ghosts that come out each episode.

Main Cast:

Episode 8 

Starts from GS touching his cheek and asking if he doesn’t feel anything when she touches him like this. He asks do you think I’m a bunker made of marble. that wouldn’t happen. it’s not nothing to me too. she asks did you always do that. he says how she always touches him so I will ask for a request. when you use me as a bunker just act like we are close in front of what others see. he points out the difference between being close (holding hands) and what the heck are you doing (touching his face and putting a hand over his heart). He gives another example and leans in close saying this is what the heck are you doing. he offers her a ride but she declines. she says my radar is off so he says let me take you home. he accuses her of not going cuz of Kang candy. he takes her hand and leads her away

KW reports in that GS is involved with HJ. the director says what to look into and if GS ever came to Europe. he asks are you okay cuz it seems like you have feelings for her. KW says I will be ok. I will settle my feelings. he hangs up and throws out the dooly dolls. he watches JW drop off GS.

GS thanks him for today and tells him to take the medicine. he says I wont eat it. he asks about her radar that is off. she says I have to take care of it. she tells him to eat tofu since he came out of jail

when he leaves she reminds herself I am not candy I am a radar. KW watches that

JW takes the bitter pill again saying he has to take it after meeting GS. he remembers how she told him to eat tofu since he came out of jail. he eats cheese cuz it looks like tofu. he remembers how she touched his cheek and asked if he doesn’t feel anything. he mutters about how they slept holding hands.

GS eats tofu. she sees a ghost and asks the ghost to be scary so she can come to her senses. she begs you can stop now

SR and SC go see JW and say we heard about you going to jail. she doesn’t like it was cuz of GS and says your dad heard about it too. JW asks did you tell him. she says he must have heard from someone cuz it’s about his son. JW makes a flippant remark saying cuz of a meaningless skinship dad might get a grandson. SR is shocked

GS is telling the grandma not to come out. she sees KW coming down and asks if he is going to work out. she says sorry for not leaving work together. he says we need to clear something up. me like you is a misunderstanding. sorry. she says I thought it was weird. since you gave me candy and tickets, I felt fluttered. you shouldn’t have told me sooner. he says even though I gave you candy and tickets you didn’t feel anything for me. so I can feel less sorry to you right? he leaves

during his run, he stops and looks upset

at a pool, people are playing in the water. a ghost comes over and swims by them. it grabs the leg of one of the girls but they get out of the water. the one in the pool gets dragged under. she asks to be saved and comes face to face with the ghost. she passes out, a man goes in to save her. they get her out of the water and he does CPR on her. the ghost watches from the water and goes after more people.

SC says this is the 3rd time someone was pulled under water. maybe it’s a water ghost. JW asks are you sure it’s not people joking around. maybe I should put the radar there

JW tells GS I need to put up the radar. did you stay up all night your dark circles got lower. she says I didn’t get any sleep. do I look sick. he says you do look sick you look like a zombie. you said you saw a water ghost before didn’t you. she tells him about the water ghost she saw at the river. he gives his hand and says take it. she says even if I hold that hand it doesn’t matter.

JW goes back to his office and says I feel sorry to her for making her catch the water ghost

Kim gives GS a package to go and rest well with her friends. she is so happy cuz she was called a zombie before

Kim says how much she liked it to JW

JW says after I send her off then she can do it

GS gets ready for her trip with her sister. they are so happy cuz they get to go swimming at the pool

security team walk by the pool. the ghost reaches out her hand. she gets out of the pool and walks away

YR says I’m not easy to meet. KW asks for her to find out about GS’s family – when her parents died etc. YR asks why do you want to marry her. he says that’s not it. so she offers to do it and says let’s go eat. but he says call after you find out and leaves

JW asks Kim do you report to my father about me. Kim says I saw him last year and that was it. JW says he knows about me and GS. did GS leave yet?

GS is there and tells her sister to hurry and come cuz it’s so nice. GR says I will be there after work. Jin Joo asks where are you going but GR doesn’t tell

GR invites Han and KW to come too. Han asks you want us to go too. he wonders if he should report this to SC

GS reads about the events. she gets a call from JW. he asks where are you. she says at the hotel lobby. it’s so nice. he says of course it’s my hotel. that artwork behind you is expensive. she asks how do you know where I am. he says I am behind you. he asks where her sister is. she says she isn’t here yet. he says let’s eat dinner. the guard reports after dinner the pool will be off limit. GS asks what that’s about and JW says I will tell you after we eat. he offers to feed her anything she wants

HJ’s orphanage thanks SR for paying them all these years after HJ died.

KW goes to the orphanage.

Kim and SR walk out. she was going to disconnect herself from this place but didn’t. Kim sees KW going in

KW finds out the orphanage never took care of GS or GR.

Han and GR are at a gas station. Han notices she has the same rearview doll as the guy standing there. she follows the guy

JW says since you don’t drink alcohol- drink this. since you are resting a good place your dark circles are good. she says my sister was going to bring my stuff but she is late. he looks at her outfit. she goes away and he thinks she needs change of clothes later if she goes in the water and comes out

at the bathroom GS overhears some girls talking about how president Joo has an event prepared at the pool. GS thinks the event is for her. a fireworks display

when she comes out he says meet again in two hours. there is something important. you might get surprised

GS is in her room and wonders if he borrowed the pool for her sake

JW orders not to let anyone in after he goes in and send what I asked earlier

GS gets a delivery from JW. it’s a really pretty dress and shoes. she thinks this is the important thing he was talking about

she walks out to the pool and greets him. she asks did you prepare this for me. he says yes there is something else. fireworks start. she looks up and smiles. she imagined it.

GS asks if JW really borrowed the whole pool and didn’t let anyone come in. the guy says yes

she goes over and hears JW on the phone saying I am going to find out what is in the water and then report. she hears that and runs off. he yells where are you going

she changes clothes and says something terrible almost happened. she hits herself on the chest cuz she feels bad. she remembers what Kang woo said.

JW sits by the pool and waits. he leaves and the guy asks do you need anything else like flowers or champagne. JW says no it was a misunderstanding

he runs into GS and says you changed clothes. she says it was uncomfortable. he says you were pretty before. he takes her hand and says let’s go. she reminds him how this looks to others but he doesn’t care. he says she seemed like candy a while ago when she ran off. she says she thought she was candy cuz he bought her food and clothes. he reminds her he is here – her bunker and she says ok let’s go catch that ghost. others watch them and she says I don’t want to look like candy. he takes her hand all the way

YR reports what she knows and KW thanks her. she says I feel like a spy doing this. he asks aren’t you a singer. she says no an actor. she offers him a ride but he says I am taking the subway. if you can then follow me

they sit by the pool and he asks do you not see anything. she is about to go in the water but he says wait till it gets darker. she wants to hurry and go in and find it. he asks will you be ok. she doesn’t want to go in cuz once the ghost grabs her it wont let go. you are going to save me right. he says don’t do it. I will take out all the water and dry it up. she hears a splash after he walks away. she sees the ghost coming towards her. it jumps out and disappears the instant JW grabs her. he says you almost fell in. she says there is an ajumma ghost in there

GR follows the guy who took her money. han and her watch him take inside is pregnant wife. she doesn’t get out of the car

YR is on the subway with KW and people talk about her saying she isn’t pretty like she was when she was young. why is she trying to be like a singer when she isn’t. KW says let’s get off the next stop but YR takes off her disguise and says it’s me. I am still good like IU. she sings so KW takes her away

KW says she cant sing at all. you are crazy. she says I decided. let’s date. he says I don’t want to and walks away. she yells for him and people surround her and take her pics. KW runs in and grabs her hand and takes her away. they run away together

JW asks is the water ghost an ajumma. GS says yes she is over there. JW asks what is she doing there. GS says putting on makeup. he asks to show who? she says it’s strange. she isn’t a water ghost. the ghost walked by so GS follows her.

JW waits outside the ladies changing room and asks what took so long. GS says she took a sauna and shower. she doesn’t seem to get she is a ghost. he asks where is she now. GS says over there. the ghost is eating dinner. GS points her out to JW. the ghost gets up so GS says she is leaving

the ghost sits at the lobby and sips on a drink reading a magazine. JW says what is this – a hotel tour. GS says she went inside that room. JW says that room is the most expensive in the hotel. he asks the maid who is staying there. the maid says the room is empty now.

JW asks what she is doing now. GS says sitting by the window. he wonders why the ghost did that to people at the pool. he orders GS to go over and say you are dead and to check out. GS goes over and says you cant be here. the ghost hands her a paper. GS shows it to him

the manager says I remember this guest. she won a lottery. when she was alive she was so happy staying at the hotel.

JW says even after she died she likes staying here. the manager says you are misunderstanding. she isn’t dead. she is at the hospital.

the woman is in a coma and her family fight with each other. her husband wonders why she isn’t waking up

GS tells the lady you shouldn’t be here. you should go back. JW asks what the daughter’s name is so GS says the name and the ghost comes to her senses. GS gives JW the okay sign. she said she would go back. just let her watch the firework tonight. she already changed clothes. I will go with her and come back. since it’s the last time should I join in.

GS changes clothes and says how the ajumma is so excited. JW stops her and says people are looking so talk to me and not the ajumma. he puts her arm on his and says should we go

they sit and watch fireworks. the lady says it was such a nice dream but now I have to wake. GS watches her leave

back at the hospital the woman wakes up. her family asks are you ok. can you see me. the daughter says I will listen well. thank you mom.

JW asks if the lady liked it. even though that ajumma left, GS says yes she liked it. She said it was like a summer night’s dream. Her heart was fluttering and she was happy and also hurt too. cuz she liked so much what she saw here. GS says that staring at JW. she says she left. he asks when. she says just now. he says I cant see so I can trust what you said right. she says yes. the fireworks is over. today I made someone wake from her good dream. She leaves

YR reads about her subway incident with KW and smiles at their photo

GR cries and says I didn’t know he got married. Han takes off the rearview mirror doll so she cries more. he tries to comfort her but stops.

KW sees the two brothers on the stair playing with the dooly dolls

Kim and JW watch GS from the stairs. Kim says there is a business trip to China scheduled. JW asks for how long. Kim: a week. JW says a week is really long. should I tell her. Kim says Tae Yang already knows. JW: she knows but she is perfectly fine. Kim: this is what she said.

GS says to Kim – president is like a special voucher to a hotel to me. It’s a really great blessing. But I shouldn’t stay there a long time. even when I come out, in order to live well, I have to be used to him being gone.

JW said I let it get to me for nothing. Kim asks if it bothers JW. JW: not at all – since she said I don’t need to be around I feel good and free. Kim quotes what she said - if a heart cant be straightforward, the whole heart gives the answer. so JW says I heard that a lot from Cha Hee Joo.

주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-09-00]주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-08-22]주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-09-22]주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-09-41]주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-10-21]

when they were young HJ said the same thing to him – when your heart cant be straightforward, the whole thing gives the answer. JW: does that mean you have to get hit to come to your senses? HJ: that’s right cuz you like me a lot more. so of course your heart will hurt more. JW: so to like you are you telling me to feel pain? HJ: yes I want you to hurt a lot Joong Won.

JW asks where did you hear that. from HJ? GS says I didn’t hear it from her. JW asks then where did you hear it. she says from KW

JW asks Kim to get all the info and resume for KW. Kim says I saw him at the orphanage

SC says why he hired KW. JW asks did my father ask you to hire him. SC says your dad told me not to tell. JW tells him to pick one side.

JW goes and meets KW. JW asks did my father send you. KW says I had an order to watch you cuz of HJ. cuz he thinks HJ wasn’t a victim and an accomplice.

주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-11-09]주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-11-50]주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-12-05]

back then young JW was asked by his dad -did you really not see the culprits? JW: you answer me honestly first- did you pay the ransom for sure then. the dad asks do you think I didn’t pay the ransom so Hee Joo died. JW: if that’s not it – why are you so nervous I saw the culprits’ faces? the dad said believe what you want. JW said you believe what you want

JW says- tell my father to come and explain himself. I am looking hard so tell him that.

GS sees HJ’s ghost

JW walks back to his office.

GS kneels down and stares.

주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-01-46]주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-02-16]주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-05-07]

when JW goes in he sees her on the ground and asks what’s wrong – what is it. she says Cha Hee Joo was here. GS stands and says she told me why she is a bad girl. he says cuz you can see Hee Joo I knew you would find out one day that she is one of the criminals. who did she say it was that deceived me and worked with her. GS says she said she couldn’t tell me. Joong Won: what? Gong Sil: that she had to protect that person. JW: ok. he turns away and remembers how HJ said I wish you would hurt a lot Joong Won. He is visibly shaken. GS is about to leave but he says Tae Gong Sil don’t go and stay here. I don’t want her to see me like this. you can see her so stay by my side and protect me.

end

no preview

주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-05-40]주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-05-51]주군의 태양.E08.130829.HDTV.X264.720p-BarosG[01-06-23]



No comments:

Post a Comment